Wednesday, March 8, 2006

An Evening Hello

Hey !!

Yep, I am on nights again. I sort of feel a bit flat today too. I think it's almost the after effect of last night with the HAs and the onset of more tears from them today. Yes I know, they are not my problem to deal with but still they come to me about it and I really am fine with it. Perhaps the flatness is not their fault. I'm just drained right now that's all. I've not really had an evening to myself since getting back from Ireland and I'm starting to feel the effects of that.

Actually you want to know something? I had to use every ounce of professionalism today to resist doing something I see as wrong! See, Heather's mum is here at the moment and right at this point in time they are in Paris. So I've been checking Heathers email for her and there was a response there from a Programme Assistant Applicant in response toHeather's 'we've made a shortlist and you are not on it' e-mail. So, they've shortlisted people and I would imagine that since you haven't said anything, that you didn't get the 'you didn't make the list' e-mail. This excites me. See if I had been anyone else, I could have gone though the e-mail folders or indeed any files on that computer. I'll admit it, I did want to, just to see. But I didn't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Thats a compromise to who I am and what I believe in. But still, I could have known. You know? Can you get what I am trying to say?

Anyhows, it's not that important. I just thought I'd share so perhaps you could see that not all is lost yet. Wait a little longer.

Today wasn't too bad work wise I guess. I am now doing credit card transactions and deposits and all that jazz. Makes there seem to be a little more routine in the day. Anniversary stuff is coming along nicely. I'm finding routine which seems to make the day go quicker. The exclusion of today though since I am on nights.

I suppose I can tell you since it's not like you can tell anyone that shouldn't know yet! Sally got the Office Manager position, she had to go through the interview and all, but she got it which is great for her. Now, Breanne needs to decide if she wants the Office Assistant position and she can pretty much choose a contract for as long as she wants. She just has to decide if it's worth staying. I don't know.

Jewel stopped by again today. She was trying to find out how she'd go about living here as an LTR for a while. At this stage it would only be until the end of April when the programme assistant arrives. Anyhows, it was like seeing a totally different person walk in the door. New hair style, new wardrobe and new figure. Seriously, I didn't recognise her and neither did Janet or Breanne.

Anyhows, I should wrap this up because I know K2 should be in soon and I want to write a couple more e-mails before I go upstairs to do my washing.

Rachael

No comments: