Sunday, March 5, 2006

So I am back . . .

Good Evening,

Hopefully now that I am back at a normal computer, my e-mails will make a little more sense. Although that should be e-mail, not in plural form. Either way it doesn't matter, once I am done here I am going upstairs to bed. I'm one tired Aussie.

My plane from Stanstead was 40 minutes late which put me 40 minutes behind everything, thus consequently I've only just come back to the building now at 11:50pm. I actually ran into Doreen who was out walking Dixon so I walked back with the pair of them.

Now Ireland as a whole was a very beautiful place. Wasn't overly impressed with Dublin (or Guinness for that matter) but the rest was fine. In case Ruth has e-mailed you since I left, yes I got quite ill while I was there! In essence what was a four day holiday became a three day holiday. I don't know why, but during Thursday night I started throwing up and this continued through the night into the morning and after a two hour break, again on one of the main corners of Malahide. Consequently, Dublin was ruled out and we drove right back to Ruth's and I slept the afternoon and early evening away. So much for dinner out with Anne Marie and Ruth.

However, Anne Marie came to Ruth's and they ate take out Chinese. Me, well I had a vegetable cup a soup between Thursday evening and this morning!

I'll reassure you now though, I feel fine and I was feeling fine then, I just had a throwing up issue.
I'll be sure to go into more detail about the trip at a later time and show you some of the 200 odd photos I took, perhaps it was more. . .

Please tell your mum I got both her e-mails and will respond to them tomorrow evening. In the meantime, tell her to expect a postcard. Well actually it's for the whole family, but it was your mum that sparked it. I saw the postboxes in Ireland and couldn't help myself. It got posted today as Ruth took a photo of me doing so.

With a £40 pound budget I came back with about two euros in loose change!! So that's not bad when you consider I spent close to ten euro on postcards! What's that about?! But I got me a snazzy t-shirt (one that claims the Leprechauns made me do it) and a couple of other small things, two of which should hopefully arrive for you and your mum by the 17th. Nothing to get excited about, rather touristy and corny, but I think you guys will understand.

I am glad you are enjoying the weekend of work, you've been talking about the monologues for some time now so I am glad they're here and keeping you busy and excited all at the same time.

Right now I need to be going to bed, it's now after midnight!

Rachael :-)

P.S Ruth and I didn't kill each other, but I do think four days was quite enough of constant Ruth company!

No comments: