Friday, March 10, 2006

A Hey There

Hello!

Its been a busy day! No rest for the wicked right? I have to go have dinner soon, Pam (a guest) Shanna and I are having mexican food since it's fish night. Yuck.

I've been busy working on my speech for the past two hours so I've moved from the old laptop to the basement computer to come and write you. So far so good, I've got just on a page of typing. I think it's going okay and I've worked out a direction I want to take it in. At least I have settled on one. That's the main thing. Mind you took almost half an hour to settle and then suddenly it kind of became really obvious! However, the final product will be up for presentation to your ears on Sunday evening. Hopefully it'll all be sorted by then.

So the plan for the day was a cornish pastry from covent garden, going to the Oz embassy to sort out my passport and to go to the church that my granparents got married in 50 years ago. Shanna decided ot tag along so the best way to do things was to head out to the church and then come back into central london.

The church no longer held records of marriages or anything else for that matter. Apparently it had ben out of commission for quite some time and now a (this isn't meant in a racist way either) black congrigation has taken it over. I was talking to the guy in charge and he said there were no existing records left behind. But I went in and took some photos so that was something I guess. From there we jumped on the tube, went to Covent Garden for lunch and got the pastry and then walked down to the Oz embassy. Only to realise I had forgetten to get my passport! Argh!! I was so cheesed off with myself!

Anyways, we had to stop in Camden on the way back to get items for dinner and £6 haircuts. Yep I got a hair cut. very basic straight cut to get rid of all the dead hair I had floating around my shoulders. Consequently my hair is now somewhat shorter than it has been, and sits exactly along the top of my shoulders. Its taking a bit to get useful. However it will make my hair a lot healthier and should grow back pretty quick.

From there it was back to pax lodge, I did some work on a few anniversary things and talked to Maria about the menu layout and what we are actually putting on it and then I sat down and started the physical output of the speech/thought/reading. And now here I am!!

Hopefully your day has been going well too Ms I'm on Spring Break!! Sally was asking how you were doing and she seems to think (it just came up in conversation) that Heather would be making the decision about Programme Assistant when she gets back to work which is Sunday. So I don't know. But she agrees with me, you've got as much chance as anyone else!

Anyways, I should go and help with the remainder of dinner.

Ciao, Rachael

No comments: