Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hey There!!

Hello Kathy!!

I know I know I was meant to sit down at some stage and tell you all about Thinking Day. I haven't gotten that far yet. Sorry. Or maybe I did do it, and I've just forgotten...

Yes. The Seminar. It is kind of exciting. Plus for five days I get to act like I'm not a staff member, it will be wonderful!! Actually Erin from Canada and Tricia from NSW are also taking part in it. I'm looking forward to everything I can gain from it by taking part with such a diverse group of women. I've seen the list of attendees and they're coming from quite a few places!

I managed to catch a little of the Commonwealth Games this evening and saw some lovely city skyline. Is it wrong to miss Melbourne and not much else?!! I love the fact that Melbourne is so different to London. I mean I miss people too, but no where near to the extent that I thought I would. Okay I have moments, but in all honesty most of the time I feel I miss Melbourne more!! A part of me wishes I could have still be home for the Commonwealth Games. And my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary which was on the 10th. And my pals 21st...okay now I've started on all the things I was going to be back for!

You're never too old and rickety to travel. And Ireland was only the 2nd time to leave the country!! So I haven't been too far yet! Louise wants me to go to Amsterdam with her at the end of April. I told her to find out how much it would cost because I am on a huge budget restraint!! I was supposed to be back home earning money by now!!

The 15th Anniversary was exhausting. Amazing, but exhausting. It ended up being a 15 hour day with only a half hour break. The rest of the time I was on my feet and I am paying for it today. I feel about 200 years old, my knees are about to give way on me! However, it was a fantastic day and emotional at some points! Randomly burst into tears between the buffet and the formal speeches, but I survived. Actually, I managed to compose my emotions until the last paragraph of my speech and then I was really struggling. I ended up crying a little. Thanks to Janis Whitber I was able to compose myself and finish. I had two staff members out howling in the next room and Scottie went out to comfort them and ended up in tears herself!! We could hear them!!

Um whatever it is you are to keep quiet about must be quiet, I don't have the faintest idea what that is! It could be any number of things!

Don't move too quickly, you'll start to forget where you left things!!

Take care Kathy and we'll talk soon,

Much love,
Rachael

P.S I am so excited by the 4 world centres tour Guides Oz is putting on!! I am dealing with some of the paperwork for it and I am so envious!! Arghh!! Like the names on that list that I know. WELL DONE!!! You got Brenda to go International THIS IS FANTASTIC!! aww I am so excited about it...

No comments: