Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hey and Howdy

Hello!!

You know today was crazy! And it's not even the Anniversary yet! Good Grief! I think I spent a total of maybe two and a half hours in the office! Which I'm not complaining about but I've been here there and everywhere! I have to admit that this sort of funny feeling creeped over me today. Just the guest interaction has been incredible and I'm enjoying it. This bunch of women really like to talk and ask questions and you know what, I really like Americans! I mean, not that I ever hated them. But you know, they're not as annoying as people make them out to be. At least this lot aren't.

I'll have to send you a photo too. Yeah another one. See we had a helium tank arrive today for the balloons. Its a 15kg tank so I carried it in from the car and walked into reception going "I found my date for tomorrow night!" and started to like pretend to make out with the gas tank. Sally found it hilarious. Breanne just sat there and shook her head. Its been a crazy day. It was a crazy moment.

My throat has settled down which is great and while a part of me is terrified about tomorrow night, I'm also partly looking forward to it. I am dreading tomorrow, I vented a little steam today and really kind of laid down how I felt about being in the Kitchen. It in general was for Sally's ears but Maria, Louise and Shanna heard it too. It wouldn't surprise me if Doreen did too. I pretty much said that because we had a slack ass bunch of HAs I had to be in the kitchen because they couldn't count on them for the job. I got pissed because if I ever do anything the HAs usually do, I'm told I'm not a HA. However when it suits them, I can be pulled in to do HA work. Okay, sorry. I felt better after I had vented and really didn't care who heard to be honest.

How are you doing?

While I was sitting at the laptop this morning working on the menu for the buffet I had a nice moment of daydreaming. It was a nice peaceful moment. I then started to think about tomorrow and shuddered. Its not so bad though, an 8am start. I just need to remember to change my alarm.

Now I am heading upstairs to practice my speech. I don't think I am allowed that luxury tomorrow evening so I want to do it now.

Rachael :-)

No comments: