Sunday, March 5, 2006

The Leprechauns Made me Do it!

Hello!!

I am back after reading your two e-mails and ready to tell you about Ireland!

What did you lecture Ruth about?

Actually I probably did a little lecturing of my own when I was there too. I straight out told her the house she lived in didn't feel like hers, it didn't feel like Ruth rather like some old ladies home. There was like no life there, I really didn't like the house very much at all. It gave me such a creepy feeling and I can't believe how cold it was. That alone is a huge part of how stuck she is in life.

Ireland in general was very beautiful, some of the most amazing coastline was up north in Omeath where we looked across to Northern Ireland. The weather even if it was cold, was always sunny apart from the freak snow storm we got while driving back from Malahide. Trust me to be almost passed out when the real snow actually arrives!! Argh!

The brownies were great. I was allocated ten minutes which I ended up taking about 25! They asked lots of questions and I taught them Cuddly Koalas and the Kangaroo Jump game. It was nice to be back apart of a brownie unit again, even if it was only for the night. Though Ruth was in a really weird mood afterwards and even now I haven't quite figured out why.

We argued a couple of times in the way we usually do, but overall we were nice and polite to each other. It was kind of stifling which is why I think four days was definitely enough. Any longer and we probably would have killed each other. She's a slightly different person around Anne Marie though and I found it quite amusing in the sense that like myself, Anne Marie antagonises her too! Actually I thought Ruth was going to cry at one point because Anne Marie knocked Ruth's Inukshuk of the mantle piece and it broke. It was kind of a little scary to watch. Got to meet the parents again and they were actually quite concerned about me when I was out for the count because of illness.

Droughada was nice in an old and odd kind of way. Teremefeckin was my favourite named place and really wasn't all that impressed by Dublin. It was just another city but it felt kind of dirty. I don't know, I liked out of Dublin better. Ruth is a nervous driver!! I for the first time in a long time was a little nervous as a passenger but quite smartly didn't tell her that. She freaks out really easily and that can be quite a hazard. We had an argument about me driving and I flatly refused to because there is no way I'd drive with her sitting next to me. She wouldn't handle it! Not that I am a bad driver, but can you kind of get where I am coming from?

Didn't get the Irish breakfast but that was because my last morning after being sick it probably wasn't the wisest idea! Had a few issues understanding people (especially the tour guide at Mill Mound!) and realised how expensive things were in Ireland! Cripes!

I do have a lot of photos (about 300 I think) but I have to go through and delete the ones I don't want. I'll get them to you eventually in one way or another. Overall I did have a nice time and it was good to be out of the bubble for a few days, though in some regards I also couldn't wait to get back just because I could hide away in my room when I needed some me time!! I didn't get a lot of it and I find I need more when I am with Ruth. I don't mean that in a nasty way either.

I am rather curious now though because I got an e-mail from Ruth saying she was sorry we didn't talk more because there were things she wanted to talk about. I want to know what those things were!!

For now I am off, I have Shanna coming up with chocolate muffins in about half an hour and I really ought to tidy my room and vacuum and get rid of rubbish I meant to do before I left.

Goodness me I feel like there aren't enough hours in a day!

Rachael

No comments: